Dogs are GENUINELY Welcome at Overwater Hall... and if you don't believe us, we are delighted to tell you that we were named as one of the 'Top 10 Places to Stay with your Dog' by the Telegraph on Saturday 12th April 2014 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/uk/10759518/Dog-friendly-hotels-and-accommodation-in-Britain.html.
And we were featured again on Saturday 20th February 2016 Dog-Friendly Stays, when the Telegraph said we offer 'unpretentious luxury and genuinely warm hospitality' - it wasn't clear from the article whether that was directed at our two or four-legged guests, but we can assure you that both are well cared for!
More recently still, we have been selected - not for the first time! - as an Editor's Choice Dog Friendly Hotel by the Good Hotel Guide for 2017 : http://www.goodhotelguide.com/editors-choice-dog-friendly-hotels/
- Dog owners will be delighted to know that well-behaved dogs are genuinely welcome to stay at Overwater Hall at no extra charge.
- Dogs are welcome in bedrooms and in one of the hotel’s lounges and bar – no dogs on chairs, though, please!
- Cumbria is a walker’s paradise at any time of the year, with its spectacular scenery, fells, lakes and gardens, and for all of these reasons, your dog will love it, too.
- And there is no reason to even venture beyond the grounds of the hotel with its 18 acres, including our lovely woodland boardwalk.
- Overwater Hall is perfect for dogs, on or off the leash.
- A dog sitting service can be arranged for one of those rainy days when your four legged friend might not be welcome in that museum or art gallery which you have always wanted to visit.
- We are happy to serve you in your bedroom if you would like to eat with your dog. Unfortunately it is not possible to eat with your dog in the restaurant, bar or lounge.